Thursday 17 April 2008

Two Cards

My mum and I went to a craft fair in The Dome in Doncaster on Sunday. It was really pants! If you like decoupage and Dufex then you'd be in your element but for us hearty stamps lovers there wasn't a lot to inspire us. It was very small too, we'd gone round all the stalls in an hour! The only other craft fair I've been to is the Great Northern Papercraft Extravaganza in Harrogate and that's fab. We get there for 10am and they are having to shove us out of the doors at 4.30pm because they want to pack up but we're still trying to buy!

In the end we went to another shop in Doncaster that my mum knew of that sold all sorts of things including craft stuff. We bought quite a few bits there and then we called in at Pontefract on the way back to another craft shop and bought some fab stuff from there. One of which was the wording stamp on the card below.
This card I made for my friend Sarah. It's a little late as her birthday was on Saturday. Whoops!
The papers are by Dovecraft.
The lady stamp is by Art Impressions
and the wording stamp is byInkadinkado

The wedding card I did for my friend Meghan who is going to her friends wedding on the 10th May. I thought I'd go with a traditional look.

The paper is by Dovecraft.
The wedding words stamp and the bride stamp are by Lavinia.
The wording at the bottom I did on the computer.

14 comments:

Em said...

Loving the quote on the birthday card - fab!!

Hate it when you go to craft fairs and they are rubbish :( poor you. But glad you managed to find somewhere else to spend your cash lol!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

That sentiment is so very cute! I love the wedding card you made. It's elegant and classic! Very nice! Have a great day!

I've already done a PIF on my blog, so I'm not commenting below, because I don't really have time to do another one! Bye for now!!

CraftyC said...

Great cards, but just love the granny one!!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

I have never managed to get to a craft fair....not sure that I could inflict that on Andy and I tend to be a bit of a lone crafter...I love the decadent lady and such great colours :-)

Unknown said...

I love the wedding card... just soooo elegant :)

Love the wording on the first card too... something my nana would just laugh her head off at!

Lee said...

Oh gosh is that Birthday sentiment sooo cute!!!! And the wedding card truly dreamy!!!! I've been to one huge Craft Fair here in Colorado Springs....it was soooo fun!!!! I'm glad you did get to have a fun day with your mom!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fe ! Your stuff is looking AWESOME ! How is everyone ? Miss ya ! I have been having major dental trauma, but i got all fixed up today ! Just need one more visit on the 12th ...... Now i have to get ready for a small party for my little guy. Hes the one who hates people so i finally stopped after 6 years inviting tons , lol ..... just having about 10 or 12 this time.
Ok, have a great weekend and i will talk to ya soon ! Where ya been hanging out lately ?
HUGS
JENN

Dawn said...

Fe

Love the papers and that woman stamp is so funny - great sentiment too.
Lovely wedding card really elegant

Ana Baird said...

Wow! What a fantastic creations! Love them both!

Inspiration Alley said...

I love both cards but the decadent lady stamp is a must own, definitely my style.

tee said...

totally love your granny stamp!! Great cards both of them!

Dee said...

... Fe should have added that we ended up at Pontefract where she bought the 'How many fingers...' stamp. We just howled at the funny stamps there and could have come away with a barrow full! We laughed so much it was a real tonic and tears streamed down our faces and our jaws ached. The assistant came over and joined in with us too!!!! Won't go into the heater episode eh Fe!??

mum XXXXX

Debbie said...

Great cards Fe - love that funny sentiment lol. :)

debbie x

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Fab cards. Love the first one that really made me giggle :)