Wednesday 4 March 2009

Altered Box

Can I just start by saying what a beautiful day it is today. It is gorgeous out there today. We have clear blue skies and sunshine, it's very cold, but the sun is shining so I don't care! I took Max out for his morning walk and there are Snowdrops and Crocus' everywhere and even the Daffodils are getting ready to come out. Spring is springing! Isn't it lovely?!

Ok, onto my crafty stuff for today. My daughter's friend Freya (whose birthday party is on Saturday) said she likes "Hello Kitty" stuff. So I scoured the Internet and found a little stamp set and a keyring that I thought she could clip to her book bag anyway when they turned up they were tiny and didn't look much like a present at all. So I managed to find a few other Hello Kitty bits and pieces and then I thought I'd decorate a box and make it very girly and pretty and then I could pop all the little gifts in that and make it look like one big nice one.

This is what the box started out like. I covered the top and the sides in pink and lilac papers, added a lilac ribbon around the bottom half and then fixed a white bow over the join. I used a Sugar Nellie image for the top which I coloured with Twinkling H20s and then used lots of flowers and leaves to decorate it.
This is a better view of the lid.
I have entered it into the Trimcraft competition as a Mother's Day creation. I said it was ready to fill with yummy pamper treats for Mum. Hope Mum hasn't read it yet! :-) Well it could have been used for Mother's Day if it wasn't already being used for Freya's Birthday present. Shhhhh don't tell them!!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

OOoh Fe this is absolutely gorgeous, she is going to love it!
Where did you get the box from?
Leanne :o)
xx

Dawn said...

Aww Fe this is stunning - wish I had the patience for these projects...

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Beautiful! I love it Fiona!!

Dee said...

The box looked truely amaissing, the photo's really don't do it justice.

Inside Fe had put all girly things for her to open..... I'm sure she loved it :-)

Mum XXXX