Sunday 29 March 2009

Raspberry Ribbons Sketch Challenge

What a weekend! I went to the Great Northern Papercraft Extravaganza in Harrogate yesterday with my would-be step-cousin, Richard. I normally go with my Mum but she was on babysitting duty for the weekend and couldn't make it.

We had a great time although we did get soaked through getting to the main entrance from the car. If we'd arrived ten minutes earlier we would have been ok, but it wasn't meant to be and a darn good soaking we got!

I was specifically looking for some stamps to use on men's cards and I did manage to get a rather nice bear and a fisherman's hat stamp that I think Peej may approve off but he'd need to see it made up as a card rather than just the stamp if you know what I mean?! I also found a Penny Black mouse stamp where the mice are making a prank phone call to the cat which made me laugh out loud and I thought it would be good for the men! But I have to say it was slim pickings on the male stamp front. There are hundreds of stamps for ladies cards but there is definitely a gap in the market for the men. There is more choice if you like decoupage but I don't like all the fiddly cutting out you have to do first. I like the finished image I just don't like all the preparation!

I also found out at the craft fair that Twinkling H2Os have gone into liquidation. I'm mortified. I love my Twinklies. So I would say if there are any colours you are missing from your collection try and get them now because once the stockists sell out, that's it, there is no more! Sob sob!

OK enough of the craft fair! Here is my DT card for this fortnights Raspberry Ribbons Sketch Challenge. If you like to join in you can find all the details here. Stamp: Sugar Nellie
Coloured With: Twinkling H2Os
Papers: Bazzill Bling ~ Free papers from craft magazine
Equipment: Cuttlebug ~ Nestabilities
Embellishments: Buttons

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Aww this is adorable Fe!

Beautiful colour and papers..

Hope you are all well

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Dawn said...

Hiya me again

I just saw this great "man" stamp on this blog - He's called Beerafella!!! LOL

http://honeybootique.blogspot.com/2009/03/cupcake-craft-challenge.html

Nicki said...

Stunning colour combo, and that image is gorgeous.

Cazzy said...

Very cute card Fiona.

Did you win some stamps recently?

Cazzy x

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Sorry you got soaked getting into the stamp show, but it sounds like you had fun. Too bad about the twinklies! Stock up while you can!

Your card is adorable! I love the colors!