Sunday 21 June 2009

Happy Birthday Josh (for yesterday)

I hate doing decoupage - I love the end result but it drives me insane doing all the intricate cutting out to get it to the finished stage. So this just goes to show how much I love my son Josh. I was wondering how I was going to top or at least match the Tardis card I made him last year when I came across a website that had Scooby Doo decoupage papers. Josh loves Scooby Doo so I bought a sheet that had Scooby Doo in a Monster Truck and Scooby in an aeroplane. I gave Ellie first choice as to which one she wanted to put on her card and she picked the plane.

I used papers by K&Co for Josh's card. I do love the quality of K&Co stuff, I love the colour combinations and the designs of the papers too, especially the ones in this set. They are lovely to work with.

The "Happy 11th Birthday" was done using Go Kreate Dies in my Cuttlebug. The "Josh" at the bottom was done using my Cricut and the Tear Drop cartridge on the "Dropless" feature.

Papers: K&Co ~ Scooby Doo Decoupage Sheet
Equipment: Cuttlebug ~ Nestabilites ~ Go Kreate Dies ~ Cricut ~ Tear Drop Cartridge



It did pay off in the end though because Josh loved his card and spent ages examining all the layers! :-)


I also made Josh a card from Max (our puppy dog) for this card I used my Woodware Stamps for the boy on the beanbag and the dog. For the background I used some Scooby Doo paper. The Happy Birthday stamp is by Hobby Arts and the 11 in the centre I cut out using Go Create Dies in the Cuttlebug. The "To Someone Special" banner was one a friend sent me.Stamps: Hobby Arts ~ Woodware
Equipment: Cuttlebug ~ Nestabilites ~ Go Kreate Dies

4 comments:

Liz said...

these cards are brill

Liz x

Dawn said...

Cute cute cards Fe - Hope he had a great day!

Dee said...

Great cards as usual Fe, but I think Ellie stole your thunder this time LOL

Love Mum XXXX

Anonymous said...

Great cards Fe - & Ellie's is fantastic! I hope Josh liked them & enjoyed his birthday.

I can't sort out a user name right now - so I'm anonymous!?

Caroline x (Friday feeling)