Tuesday 2 June 2009

New Challenge

We have a new weekly challenge over on Quirky Crafts. This weeks challenge is "One For The Boys" I've made two cards as examples for this challenge. The first one is for our friends Tommy and Marissa who had a baby boy three weeks ago. They have called him William Thomas and I had a little cuddle with him on Saturday when they came over. He's adorable!


I thought I'd use some of my Forever Friends baby papers as they are just adorable and used some Forever Friends stickers as embellishments to both the inside and outside of the card. The wording I did using my Quickutz alphabet but I used my Cuttlebug to cut them as it's so much easier to use and more hand friendly than the Quickutz. :-) Papers: Forever Friends ~ Bazzill Basics
Stickers: Forever Friends
Equipment: Cuttlebug ~ Quickutz Alphabet Die ~ Go Kreate Die
The second card is for one of Ellie's class mates. She has been invited to his birthday party on Saturday and originally said yes but has now changed her mind and decided she doesn't want to go after all. So we'll see.


This is one of my favourite Whipper Snapper stamps and is lovely to use on cards for younger boys.
I stamped the Triceratops image out three times, coloured each one and then decoupaged the layers using foam pads to give it some dimension. Stamp: Whipper Snapper
Coloured With: Twinkling H2O's
Papers: Papermania
Equipment: Cuttlebug ~ Nestabilities ~ Go Kreate Die

If you'd like to join in with our challenge please pop over to http://quirkycrafts.forumotion.net/portal.htm

See you there!! :-)

3 comments:

pescbrico said...

Your are so good at making baby cards! They rocks! :) Have a great day!

Cazzy said...

Lovely cards Fe, I like the second one especially.

Cazzy x

Liz said...

These are great cards love them love you to call in my lace ribbons blog too just poped on from Trimcrafts
liz xx