Tuesday 14 July 2009

Altered Paint Tin

My daughter's teacher is retiring on Friday. I thought I'd make her a Retirement kit using one of the paint tins I ordered.


I started by covering the lower part of the tin with paper by Hot Off The Press.



Then covered the top of the paper with co-ordinating ribbon.


I used adhesive letters by K&Co to spell out "Retirement Kit" around the top part of the tin. Although it looks really wonky on this photo?! Hmmmm.



When my mum came over last week I asked her if she would bring over her "old lady" stamps, so that I could stamp some out to use on this project. I cut round a few of the images and coloured them with Twinkling H2Os. Then used them to decorate the bottom half of the paint tin.



I added a few ribbons to the handle to finish.

For the lid, I used my Cuttlebug and Nestabilites to cut a circle from co-ordinating paper. Then used another of Mum's Old Ladies to finish. Stamps: Old Ladies Borrowed From Mum
Coloured With: Twinkling H2O's
Paper: Hot Off The Press
Adhesive Letters: K&Co
Embellishments: Ribbons
Equipment: Cuttlebug ~ Nestabilities

I just need to make the card to go with it now.

6 comments:

Deanne said...

this is great Fe, I love these paint cans :) xx i'm sure she'll love it

Nicki said...

Great idea Fe, I'm sure she'll love it. Those little old lady stamps are wonderful! Nicki, xx.

Trish said...

Fe-Fe I love visiting your blog, pop over to mine where there is something for you. Trish :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is FANTASTIC! She's going to love it!

Stop by my blog and leave a comment . . . I have a giveaway going on!!

Take care!

Liz said...

its very well made love it and so will she

liz xx

Debbie said...

Aww Fe this is just fabulous and such a great idea. :) Love how you have used your mum's old ladies stamps - perfect. :) It will be greatly received I am sure. ;)

xxDebbiexx