Thursday 12 November 2009

Manchester United Card

I was asked to make a card for a 7 year old called Jack who likes football. The trouble with football cards is that you need to know which team they support because if you use the wrong colours that's not good! Anyway I found out that Jack is a Man U fan so a black, white and red theme it was!



I used a set of stamps that my mum gave me a while ago and this is the first time I've used them. They are by a company called onefourzero and are a really good set of stamps if you are into football. The scarf is just plain and I stamped "United" onto it. The T-shirt I stamped onto red card and then stamped a 7 onto it. The shorts I stamped onto white card and then added the red stripes with a Marvey Le Plume pen. The football and the boot at the bottom are also part of the stamp set. The Happy 7th Birthday are all Go Kreate Dies which I used in my Cuttlebug and the ovals were done using Nestabilities in the same machine. The Jack was done using a Quickutz alphabet also in the Cuttlebug.

For the inside I used a Happy Birthday stamp by Papermania and the football borders are from the onefourzero set.


Just a little proud mummy moment to finish off with. My daughter's class have been reading the script for their Christmas Nativity to see who is going to have which part this year. As they are the eldest infant class they all get parts on the stage but they all get to read through the script like at a play reading so the teachers can get a feel for who would be best to do what.


The show is called "Whoops-a-Daisy Angel" and is about a little Angel who is always late and untidy and never gets very special jobs to do like the other Angels. Anyway she ends up getting a very important job to go and tell the shepherds that a special baby has been born and for once she does the job well and she gets three cheers at the end.


Ellie came out of school on Tuesday and told me she has been given the part of Whoops-a-Daisy Angel. She's been given a script so that we can help her practise her lines at home. It is such a cute story. We're so proud of her. I can't wait to see it now!!

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Brilliant card Fe, I wouldn't have a clue where to start with football colours! And a big well done to Ellie on her Angel role, do you have to make her costume?
Hugs, Nicki, xx

friday feeling said...

Love the football card & congratulations to Ellie - you're definitely allowed a big pround Mummy moment!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Awesome card! Way to go Ellie! You have a STAR on your hands, but you probably already knew that!! I bet she's going to do a great job!