Sunday 20 December 2009

Altered Art

Josh was asked to take part in a Secret Santa at school. He had to buy a gift for a boy called Tom for no more than £2 and bring it in wrapped up with Tom's name on it. We decided to buy a gift card and rather than just send it in in an envelope I thought I'd alter this empty Dove gift box and send it in in this instead.

It started off looking like this... and ended up looking like this...
The papers are by Basic Grey, I love the distress look of them and are lovely to work with. The ribbon I think is by Dovecraft but I might be wrong. The "Happy Christmas" is a Go Kreate Die used in my Cuttlebug and the letters for "Tom" are Quickutz Moxie alphabet dies also used in my Cuttlebug. When we'd put the Gift card in it I tied some red foil ribbon around it to stop the lid coming off in transit to school. I hope Tom liked it!

1 comment:

Corie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Big smiles,
Corie