Sunday 7 February 2010

Quirky Crafts Challenge 21

We have a new Quirky Crafts Challenge for you only this time it's not on the forum. It's on our brand new challenge blog which you can find here!

This fortnights challenge has been set by the beautiful, talented and incredibly creative... little old me! Tee hee!

The challenge I have set is Valentine's/Foreign. You can find more details here.

For my DT examples of the challenge I have made a Valentine's Card. I like to keep it quite simple for my hubby as he doesn't do cute or fussy. I did have to use the Cherub stamp on it though as my 6 year old daughter gave it to me as a Birthday present in December and she'd be mortified if I didn't!

The heart stamp is by Crafty Individuals which I stamped onto white card and the cut round. The Cherub/Cupid is by Hobbycraft and the swirl stamp is a Rhonna Farrer, she does some beautiful swirl stamps! We are sponsored this month by The Cutting Cafe who provided us with some Valentine's downloads to use on our projects. The Valentine's sentiment is one of those downloads which I printed onto while card and then mounted onto black. The small heart is a paper punch. To finish I coloured in some of the swirly bits with a red Marvy Le Plume pen.



I also thought I'd make a Valentine's ATC which has the sentiment "Je t adore" which makes it qualify for the Valentine's and the Foreign part of my challenge.

The heart stamp is by Crafty individuals again and is a larger version of the one I used on my card. The lady and the sentiment are from a set by Limited Edition. I did paper piecing on the ladies dress so that the colour would match the backing.

If that has whetted your appetite and you'd like to join us for this fortnights Quirky Crafts Blog Challenge you can find all the details here.

I hope to see you there!

No comments: