Thursday 22 July 2010

Duck Day

Thought I'd start with another two Christmas cards.

This one is made from free papers and images from a magazine. I have decoupaged the Christmas tree and some of the circles although it doesn't show up well on the photo.
This one is quite a simple one. The stamp is by Stampavie and coloured with Twinkling H2Os. I've then mounted it on to some paper by Blonde Moments and then embossed a border across the bottom.

And now onto the Duck Day!
My friend Charlotte has been trying to take us for a picnic at this lake she found near Siddington where there are loads of ducks you can feed. Anyway we've kept getting rained off but we decided today that even though it looked grim we'd take a chance and go anyway. We had a great time. We got there at lunch time so we went straight to the picnic area and had lunch then the kids explored and climbed trees for a bit and had a game of tig.


This is my friend Charlotte with her son and my two of course.
Then when they'd had enough of that we walked back down to the ducks to feed them. They were so tame they were taking the bread right out of your hand.


Ellie kept saying how she's never been this close to ducks before. She loved it and even Josh was enjoying himself.


I wasn't quite quick enough on this one but the duck did take the bread out of Ellie's hand which she thought was great fun.

I have to say I have never seen so many ducks, geese and swans all in one place before.

I counted 27 swans so goodness knows how many ducks there were, I would guess at least 300.

We finished off with ice creams and managed to get away just as it started to rain. A really lovely afternoon out.


No comments: