Monday 21 February 2011

Happy Birthday Mum

It was my mum's birthday on Friday. I thought I'd make her a card that was a bit different from the norm this year. My mum loves hot chocolate and chocolate in general so I thought I'd make this mug shaped card in to a frothy hot chocolate card. The papers are by Hot Off the Press. The flowers I made using a die cut by Marrianne Designs
in my Cuttlebug.
The stamp on the tag says "All you need in life is a friend who has chocolate" which is from a set by Inkadoo.
Inside the card I put "or a daughter who has Gooey Chocolate Brownie Cake!" We'd made my mum a birthday cake using a Gooey Chocolate Brownie recipe. Then we spread chocolate icing over the top and decorated it with mini eggs and chocolate buttons. Very squidgy but delicious! Mmmmmm.

2 comments:

Sammie said...

What a fun card! I would never have thought of doing this -I love it and your sentiment is such a useful one. I love what you wrote inside too! You've made me smile today! Thank you xxx

Spyder said...

Long time no call in, so just catching up! Love this card shape(anything with chocolate..!)the cake sounds yummy! Hubby made me a chocolate cake and chocolate brownies, didn't think to add the buttons or the mini eggs though!
((Lyn))