Wednesday 4 April 2018

Birthday Card for a Challenge

I needed to make a card for my Aunt Irene who lives in Scotland so thought I'd have a look at the challenge blogs that I like and see if I could find a challenge to get my teeth into. I found a card to CASE on the Less Is More Challenge.

The case card is a cluster of flowers in beautiful blues with a silver glitter sentiment and a gentle smattering of sequins on it.


For my card I decided I liked the blues and as I don't usually work with stamped flowers I dug out a really old set and used this flower stamp from it which I've never actually used before. Rather than do a cluster of flowers I did mine in a line.

I added a sentiment in just plain silver as I didn't have silver glitter and added some bling with gems to the centre of the flowers and scattered around the flowers. I really enjoyed this challenge as it totally took me out of my comfort zone, which is good because I feel like I've got stuck in a rut. That's why I like a challenge that really does challenge. :0)



4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Like this upbeat and cool make

Kathyk

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous is your card

Trina P. said...

The blooms are so pretty. Brilliant way to incorporate the glittery silver with the gems. A lovely CASE of Aileen’s card. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I really like those blooms all in a line! It's a brilliant take on Aileen's card. So glad we gave you that little push to get your stamps out because this card is a real beauty and you aunt is sure to love it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx